Saturday, April 23, 2011

Getting Creative!

I have the crafty bug.

I want to crochet, sew, color, create....

and I am thinking of turning that attention onto Liam's room.

He is becoming more aware of his surroundings and I think he would like a more interesting room.

At some point in the near future I want to find a good stencil of a flying bird or some other cute/cool creature that can be done without those little stencil support things holding it together.... I don't want it to LOOK like a stencil.

Then, on the darker walls I want to make birds in the brighter blue. On the lighter walls I want to make birds in the darker blue. (his room is two shades of blue... ) And where the wall is painted half one color and half another I will make one bird be both colors.

I want to move his hanging storage thinggie to make the room feel more open. i put it up in a hurry and did not think much about it.

I also want to get him his own laundry hamper/basket. using a cardboard box might be simple and cheap, but it doesn't look cute. It was supposed to be a one day solution, not turn into a 4 month long thing that I just forgot to ever change.

Hopefully I can find a way to do all this stenciling that I want to do.


I have this picture in my mind of this cool design that looks like something you might see on a t-shirt from Threadless.com  or on some nifty fabric. I might even decide to mix in a chocolate brown bird here and there. I like how brown looks with shades of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe