Monday, November 28, 2011

It's begining to look a lot like.....

Winter!

What, did you think I was going to say Christmas?  Well, ok, that too.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! It is chilly now!
I am planning to put up lights soon, and I want to get a tree on December 13th. See, I married my dear husband on the 12th of December, and at my wedding I had a minor freak out over a Christmas tree being in the room. I want my wedding to be different than Christmas.

It seems odd to only have a tree for about two weeks, but I don't want to think about Xmas until after I think about being married for two years. Two whole years. Half of my time in college, The entirety of my time in middle school.... It feels bigger than it is, and at the same time smaller. It's only two years. But there has been a lot in those two years. Happy days, sad days, angry days, joyful days, sleepy days, sick days... but the big thing is that we have been there for each other the whole time.

Liam is doing his best to be a typical toddler now. Into everything, getting in trouble, being a pest sometimes and being the cutest little thing all the time, even when he is being a pest. He is learning some new things, like to put his arm out for the coat to go on, and to lift up his legs so I can get his pants on. He is learning how to bounce and jump with his own power and he is learning to make connections. Like the toy leopard and the leopard in the book are the same thing, they are both leopard.

He also gives kisses pretty regularly now, which is a no fail warm and fuzzy moment in any day. No matter how rotten you feel a little baby giving you sloppy kisses on your cheek or the side of your mouth just makes you feel like the world is made of rainbows and sunshine.

He and Nym get into all kinds of trouble! 

Climbing on the couch to bother the cat. What a team!
The gym thing is going along. I am at a sort of hold right now. I can only do so much and I can't seem to push past it to do more. Some days I even do less because it simply feels like my body just can not physically do that anymore. I think I might need to change my routine or change what time I go to the gym and see if that helps. The oldest of the three ladies in the day care is my favorite. I like the other two, but I like her best. Of course I can not remember her name and that makes me sad. But I brought her cookies the other day because we were talking about cookies and I had made a bunch at home and needed to get rid of them before I ate them all. She was happy about that!

Oh, and thanksgiving was nice. We drove down to Grants Pass to spend the day with my dad and step mom and Liam had a blast playing with the dogs!
Less than thrilled about the car ride. He is not a binky addict, but he does chew on them sometimes and it keeps him amused.

He ate some turkey and one sweet potato and then he discovered the raspberry jello and also the cranberry sauce. I figured one meal of mostly sugar couldn't hurt and let him go to town.

This was just at the start, by the end the cranberry sauce was even into his HAIR!

He also learned how to feed the dogs off of his highchair tray and that it was great fun to give them turkey. Amber and Crystal, the Labs, really liked having a munchkin around. Liam really liked having a bigger dog to climb all over. Nym had fun playing with the American Eskimo doggy that my step mom got, her name is Angel. She and Nym had a fun filled morning walk where they just about levitated over all the ground outside as they ran after each other filled with the boundless energy of puppies.

Loving on the Crystal
Giving the best hugs!
Just hanging out together!
And now that it is cold outside we are having to find more and more things to do indoors, including making home made play dough and playing in cardboard boxes! And I got out the trampoline for Liam, but Nym likes it as well.

Trampoline Buddies!
Learning to Bounce
Play Dough!
We are putting together gifts to send out this year, and a nice Christmas card as well. I am grateful to be able to afford gifts this year, it makes me feel happy to be able to do that. I know that a gift is not necessary and no one will hate us for not giving any if we really can't, but I know how much fun it is to open things up!

I wish I had more time to update this blog more frequently. The odd thing is, I do have the time, but I forget how much time has passed since I last wrote things down!

I am sure I will write something else before Christmas, but JUST IN CASE.... 

Have a Merry Happy Holiday Season to everyone, Christmas, Solstice, Hanukkah and all the other fun celebrations of winter! Remember to spread the love and make some cookies, if not for Santa, than to give to a neighbor just because its FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe