Saturday, February 14, 2015

Mason Jar Cozy!!

I have been loving the Melita coffee maker my husband got me for Christmas, but pouring boiling water through the coffee grounds to brew it sure does make some HOT coffee. So I've been brewing it into a quart sized mason jar so it cools faster than in an insulated cup (did I mention that I LOVE coffee), but this is a rather large vessel now filled with nearly boiling hot liquid. I was having to use a hot pad to move it to my desk so I could sit and knit and sip my super hot coffee.

I decided that I wanted to make a mason jar cozy.  I wrote it up just in case anyone else felt like making themselves one.





Without further ado, here it is.

Mason Jar Cozy (fits Quart size jars)
Yarn: Peaches and Cream Cotton
Needles U.S. #8 (5mm) circular needles (yes you can use DPN's if you like them better)
Gauge: not super important, but I did knit it pretty tight. 

Cast on 36 stitches and join to work in the round, place a marker before the first stitch if you need the help remembering where the beginning is.

Round 1-3 Knit all rounds

Round 4 *K1, P1* repeat until the end of the round
Round 5 *P1, K1* repeat until the end of the round
Round 6 *K1, P1* repeat until the end of the round
Round 7 *P1, K1* repeat until the end of the round

Round  8-13  Knit all rounds

Round 14 purl all stitches
Round 15 *yo, k2tog*  repeat to end of row
Round 16 purl all stitches

Round 17 - 38 Knit all rounds

Round 39 *k2, k2tog* repeat to end

Round 40 Knit all stitches

Round 41 *k1, k2tog* repeat until the end

Round 42 Knit all stitches

Round 43 k2tog, k2tog, k2tog, k2tog, k1

Cut yarn with enough length to thread through the 5 stitches. Draw them to a close and fasten off.

Weave in your ends, and them go put your cozy on a nice big mason jar and fill it with something hot and yummy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe