Sunday, August 8, 2010

Trying to get my feet under me...

As I am learning more about how to be a good mommy I am finding that I have a few moments each day to try and get other things done.

While Liam grows a bit more and sleeps a bit longer for naps I have the time to try and work on things around the house. I managed to vacuum the rug, sweep and mop most of the floor, fold all my laundry, scrub the tub, do a load of dishes, scoop cat poop every other day... in between making bottles, washing bottles, changing diapers, bathing the baby, comforting the baby, dressing the baby, trying to get some sleep at night before he wakes up to demand to be fed again.

But I know it will get even better, I will have more time.

I am hoping to start picking up some freelance design work in the fall. I need to start DOING something again. I love being a stay at home mom, but once Liam is napping for a few hours each afternoon I will need something to do with that time that will help bring in some income.

We are looking into getting a house soon, with a LOT of help from my mommy. It will be nice to have a yard and a place to make a real garden. The one we are looking at even has a BBQ outside and a pond that would be easy to clean out and refill. Ohhh, I can put some goldfishies in it!!! And plant some pretty stuff around it. It will be nice.

Liam is growing well. He weighed in at 12lbs 12oz at 9 weeks old! Wheee!

He is smiling more and being awful cute all the time. He is eating more as well. Hopeful this will soon lead to him sleeping a bit longer at night.

But he is an endless joy, all the time. Even when he is spitting up right down the front of my shirt. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe