Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Work, Play, Love

I got a babysitting job!   Two sweet boys, 5 and 9, who I watch in my home about 5 days a week in the evenings for now and possibly more later on. I am excited! I like having them here, even if they were a bit hyper the first time. I think they will be more calm now that they know the place.

I officially joined a moms group. They do fun things like go stroller-skating and have play groups and go to a cafe with a place for babies to play and toddlers as well. I like the people a lot. They seem to be pretty decent people who love their kids, but also have a life outside being a stay at home mom.

Liam has perfected making the "brrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm" noise, he says "ma ma ma ma ma ma"  and "da da da da da" More often the "ma ma" noise. I repeat his sounds to him, I respond to them, I imitate them, then give him new ones to make.  He seems almost self conscious about making sounds, so he rarely makes them when he is interacting with people, but he will sometimes. Mostly he makes them when he is playing by himself. I have yet to capture the "mamamama" noise on video, but I got the "brrrrmmmm" one today!


He also will stand on his tippy toes, holding onto something of course... he can't stand alone yet. But he will stand there and streeeeetch up and YELL! He will holler and shriek and just be as loud as he can.

I love watching him learn new things. And how he will perfect and then modify the older skills. He is starting to cruise now too. Moving along holding onto things. We don't have much for him to cruise on right now. I don't want a coffee table because it is not only a giant head bonking hazard, but it takes up too much space for the living room. We have this room pretty full, and Liam spends a lot of time in here.

The boys should be here soon, and I need to go finish getting some stuff ready. I am going to try and keep the insanity low tonight. I am getting over a stomach flu thing, and I think I would rather spend the evening getting them to draw pictures than holler and yell over video games!

Oh, and if you have any ideas for fun things to do with a 5 year old and a 9 year old, let me know!!!!! I need all the ideas I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe