Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mommy the Homicidal Maniac?

Stress at work is increasing in huge doses on a weekly basis at this point. As soon as we solve one problem, another one comes up. Or we just add to the growing list. By WE I mean the people at the hospital where I work.

Now please don't get me wrong, most of the time its fine, and most of the people are the BESTEST. But there are a few who make it miserable. When I see certain ones it makes me want to run away screaming. Instead I embarass them in my mind. One of them, The Sequoia Tree, is so called in my mind, since the stick up her ass is the size of said tree. And I mean a FULL GROWN version.

Then there is Cranky McBitchypants, and Nurse Holier Than Thou who needs to take that attitude and stick it somewhere even GOD can't find it.

But people aside, the stress level just escalated PAST not having the supplies I need and into the "OMG WTF Did that really just happen?" realm. See, we were running our stat labs over to a certain hospital across the freeway. Apparently the account with them had a problem, or didnt exist, or there was a breakdown in communication or SOMETHING, but now we can't take labs there directly.

Our secondary lab company will do our labs, but they can't do them as STAT labs, since they don't even get them until AT THE LEAST 12 hours after they are drawn. So, they supposedly worked out something with our wonderful (and I mean that in the truest sense of the word) nurse manager, but again, there was this miscommunication issue, or error. In which I called up for the lab pick up we now have to use, only to find out that there is NO courier in our area. As in, there never has been, never will be. And its Saturday. No Nurse Manager till Monday. So any STAT labs this weekend are probably going to cost more since our secondary lab is calling a courier SERVICE to run the labs over, since we are no longer supposed to do it ourselves.

So this morning I had to wait an extra hour and a half for a pick up. Then when I got called in, and was about to call, the charge nurse says she will have someone else run it over, and I tried to tell her that isnt supposed to happen anymore. But she gives me this fake ass smile and says "well im in charge, so its ok".... 

ok. well then, if i get barked at later on, i will direct them to YOU.

just trying not to stress out about it. Really, its not like its my fault, I can't change anything about what a charge nurse decides to do, they are my superior.

Now if only I had a vice left to indulge in to use for a de-stresser...... cause I am starting to feel like smacking someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe